Filipino Popular Tales by Dean Fansler
![]() |
| Carabao link |
I did not expect the ending to go that way at all for The Clever Wife and Husband. I actually don't really like the ending because I wanted there to be justice. The husband and wife stole from the doctor who was always generous to them. They played tricks on them to get more money. At the end, when the doctor finds out they are both alive, he is very happy for the mere fact that they are not dead and invites them to live with them. The doctor liked them so much that he didn't care that they stole from him. It was unconditional.
The Poor Man and His Three Sons gave me the idea to possibly write about a father and his children. The children respected and listened to their dad so they received great wealth in their life. Maybe I will do the opposite where the kids do not listen to their parents and run into misfortune. I think it is important to respect your elders, especially your parents.

No comments:
Post a Comment