The Fair Angiola - It took me a little while to figure out that the story of Angiola was very similar to Rapunzel or Tangled. Towards the end, I could predict what would happen. I really like fairy tales so it was a fun read. I think it's interesting how a mother's actions can really follow and become a burden onto her child. Angiola had to suffer because of her mother's actions long ago. This story doesn't explain why the witch kept her hidden in the tower. In other stories, it is because the little girl can give the witch powers. If I wrote a story about this, I would want to add more of a backstory to the witch and also maybe change Angiola's character into a boy just to change things up a bit.
I also really enjoyed the obstacles that Angiola made with the magic balls that she had. I have never heard of the soap mountain before and it seems like a pretty genius idea. It would be fun writing about different obstacles to overcome. I couldn't believe that the witch turned her face into a dog. The story kept getting more and more bizarre as I read it. I was also surprised to read of the witch's forgiveness. I would of liked to see Angiola and the witch and also her birth mother to become re-united again.
![]() |
| The Prince and Angiola's Hair link |
The Water and Salt story was also interesting because a father was willing to kill his own daughter for comparing her love for him to be like water and salt. I also don't really understand why the magician had to be killed. I liked how there was forgiveness at the end. This unit incorporated this re-occurring theme of forgiveness which may be something I would like to write about.

No comments:
Post a Comment