This one was the first picture I came across while looking at this week's announcements and I absolutely love it. I am guilty of always looking for perfection. Sometimes I can't proceed if things are not perfect. I find this to be such a flaw sometimes because it's almost impossible to anything perfectly right the first time. You can never find the true potential of your work if you just do it once, thinking that the first time is as good as it will ever get. So I think it was really important for me to read this great quote by Margaret Atwood to remind myself that if I wait for something to be perfect, I will never get anything done. The truth is that 100% perfection probably doesn't really come around too often.
I found myself waiting a lot to write my storytelling post this week because I just couldn't figure out what the perfect start was. Once I got to writing, the ideas came to me and I changed things up as I went.
Just to say that I am so glad that quote resonated with you, Hae Young! It is true for me too. I like to say that I am a "recovering perfectionist" ha ha. If this class can be an opportunity to explore and experiment without worrying about getting things perfect, that will be wonderful! With writing, nothing is ever perfect... so just write! And then... write some more! In the end, you will so much good stuff to be proud of. :-)
ReplyDelete