I noticed that a lot of the stories include friendship. However, there is usually one friend who is stronger than the other. Sometimes, the less strong friend is wiser and can survive from making smarter decisions and other times, the weaker friend dies. It reminded me of survival of the fittest. In the end of The Grasshopper and the Ant, the moral was that "help is only valuable when it is given in time." I think this is really true. A lot of people tend to put off giving help only until it is absolute necessary but at that time, it might be too late. It's so important to give help at the time someone would need it most. I am thinking about a story where someone needs helps but a friend chooses not to help because they are so busy with their own life and then in the end realizes that their help is now too late.
Two Losses is a very ironic and funny story! I think sometimes with those who focus a lot of academics forget to learn about the knowledge that you need outside of books and exams. Some of the most intelligent people don't know how to do basic things like change a tire or some other handiwork that may come very useful in life. Sometimes, the "common sense" stuff is more useful than knowing how to solve a math problem or knowing chemical reactions. I think it would be fun to follow this outline and include irony in one of my stories. It would be very ironic if a person who solved cancer ended up dying because of something really simple in life.
![]() |
| Loss at Sea link |

No comments:
Post a Comment