![]() |
| The Pomodoro Timer link |
Sunday, February 7, 2016
Learning Challenge: The Pomodoro Technique
This week, I challenged myself to the Pomodoro Technique which uses a timer to help keep track of your progress. I tried it for just a couple of days and at first, it was hard to follow and break bad habits, but you get used to it. Each break, I found myself wanting a long break instead of just 5 minutes. However, it still did a good job at keeping me more focused on my work. There's something about knowing that you have a time limit which makes you work more efficiently. I think with trying the technique several more times, it will become more and more helpful. I'm thinking about using this technique at least once a day to help me finish my homework and study efficiently.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

This sounds like a really interesting challenge. It sounds like it really worked out for you, that you managed to limit yourself to five minute breaks even when you wanted to continue to goof off. This is a challenge that I would probably really benefit from doing. Thanks for sharing your experience with it!
ReplyDeleteI also liked the image you posted with it, those timers are totally old school. I remember seeing them around when I was in elementary school.