Sunday, February 28, 2016

Week 6: Famous Last Words

This week, I was able to do both readings along with an additional one. I liked the additional reading that I did because it was of nursery rhymes which are typically very light and easy to read. I am also pretty happy about how my portfolio is coming along. I am proud of my writing and surprised at the same time with the things that I have been able to accomplish so far. I never thought about myself as a creative person but I think I am becoming better at this with more and more practice. Reading a lot of stories also helps a lot with this creative process and this class has introduced me to a lot of material that I probably would of never experienced if I did not take this class.

I also had fun reading other people's portfolios and their storybooks. Many people are really creative and they are great writers. It's really fun to see how other people can take the same story that you read and create a whole different scenario. Each person's point of view is really interesting and fun.

This week, I was also able to include some of the growth mindset concepts that I have learned in this class in an essay that I had to write about. This essay was about the grade inflation and the meaning behind grading. I was glad to be able to integrate the two classes and use what I learned in this class for another class even though the two subjects are completely different.

I think little by little I am becoming a better writer and learning more and more rules especially with dialogue. It's really cool that I'm also learning about studying habits and tips on becoming a more efficient student while having fun all at the same time. Sometimes writing is tedious when it is too forced but since this class gives so much freedom, writing is really therapeutic.


Writing online source

No comments:

Post a Comment