Monday, February 1, 2016

Week 2 Famous Last Words

I was able to have enough time to read both portions of Aesop's Fables this week and I found myself really enjoying it. They were an easier read than I thought it would be. I didn't realize how much time had gone by as I was reading. It was also difficult to narrow down what I really liked, to consider for my storytelling. I was able to re-fresh myself on a lot of the stories that I had heard before as well as learning some new ones. I remember best of the story that I re-wrote in my story telling which includes a lion falling in love with a maiden and then beings tricked to remove his paws and teeth to be able to marry the girl. In the end, he follows the orders from the girl's parents but then doesn't get the girl. I may take this reading further and I am also interested in the other fables that are offered. The only problem I had with the reading this week was that the stories were very short so I had to write a lot of different things in my reading diary instead of taking one idea and going into detail. I may consider trying a reading that has fewer readings but are longer for my next reading diary. However, the shorter readings do give me more room to be creative and come up with a lot of my own details.

I also had a good time reading the Ant and the Grasshopper which tells a good moral of always preparing for what the future may bring. In the other fables, there were also a lot of morals of deceit, foolishness, and sometimes even betrayal. I typically like the stories that have positive outcomes.

There was also a portion of Humans and Gods which lead me to be interested in Greek mythology so I may consider reading further into that.

Fables of Aesop (Jacobs) Online link

No comments:

Post a Comment