Saturday, February 20, 2016

Thoughts about Comments

I like the kinds of comments where you can tell that the reader was really engaged in the story. It's really helpful when they tell me about the things that they liked about my story as well as when they ask me questions that were unclear from my writing. It is also very useful when people catch my grammatically mistakes because no matter how many times I re-read my writing, I always seem to miss something. I really appreciate it when readers give me suggestions too. Many people have really great ideas about how my story could be improved. The best comments always contain positive criticism. I also believe positive reinforcement is helpful too. 

I think I have done a decent job of making comments so far but I think I could work on being more detailed and giving more suggestions. I usually just write about what I liked about the story but don't really give pointers on how a writer could improve the story. It might be helpful to make comments as I am reading the story instead of reading the whole story and writing up a comment at the very end.

No comments:

Post a Comment