Monday, February 15, 2016

Week 4: Famous Last Words

This week I am glad that Laura suggested I use dialogue in editing one of my stories. I think it really made my story better and I am more comfortable with using the format for dialogue now. It still confuses me sometimes so I plan on practicing it throughout the semester to make me a better writer. I found it difficult to keep my story under 1000 words because I wanted to keep writing and add more details to it. I guess, this allows me to only keep what is absolutely necessary and it get rids of any “fluff”.

I also had time to do both portions of my reading and an extra reading with Russian Fairy Tales, which ended up being one of the most bizarre and dark readings that I have done so far this semester. I typically strive for stories with good morals or happy endings but now I might consider adding mystery or horror to my writing. Although, I don’t really like horror stories, it may shape me into a well rounded writer. It’s just something I’ll think about as I read new stories for the next week.


I like doing the extra credit growth mindset and learning challenge assignments because it helps me discover more about how I can improve my learning abilities. This helps me in my other classes too and whatever I learn here I can apply to my other classes. So that’s really helpful for the big picture. So far, I have been working on time management but it’s a harder process than I had hoped for.  Procrastination also goes hand in hand with time management since you can’t manage your time well if you are always procrastinating. So the goal is to continue working hard and prioritizing what needs to be done. I need to remind myself to have fun sometimes too though because I don’t think I work efficiently when I am stressed out all of the time.

Growth Mindset flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment