This week I was able to do both readings and an extra credit reading. I also took a different approach to writing and told a story from the point of view of an inanimate object. That was very fun. I would of never thought of doing this before this class. I like how this class introduces you to a lot of different writing styles and you can make each story your own. Other writing classes want you to write in one particular way usually tailored to a certain professor. That's important too though so that you can have some structure in your writing. For this class though, it really allows me to be creative and work on that skill more which I never get to do in my other classes. It is really helpful that we get to explore other people's writings and I am always surprised how each person can read the same story but come up with a whole different story during our storytelling assignment. I am really impressed by everyone's writing and it just goes to show that writing is for everyone. I used to think that only some people could write but I feel like this class gives you the right tools for anyone to become a writer. At least a decent one!
These last couple weeks in particular, there has been a lot of the talk of the presidential election. Frankly, I haven't kept up with it at all and sometimes I find myself ignoring it because I get annoyed with all of the hateful things said especially on social media. Politics just never seems to evoke a nice conversation and it especially bothers me when comments are made rashly without any significant backup. I know I shouldn't avoid it though. It is really important that I keep up with the news of this country and take part in it any way that I can. This upcoming week, I want to challenge myself to do some deep research and read into the platforms of the candidates.
![]() |
| Who Will it Be? flickr |

No comments:
Post a Comment