Friday, March 25, 2016

Famous Final Last Words

This week, I didn't do any of the readings since I am so close to finishing out the semester. Instead, I chose to focus on adding one last story to my portfolio and making sure that it was edited well. Looking back now, I noticed that I have learned a lot from this class while having fun at the same time. I learned a lot about grammar and how to use quotations correctly during narration. I've learned a lot about growth mindset and how that can affect me in all areas of life. I was also able to explore so many different kinds of writing styles and I was surprised by the writing that I was able to produce in this class. I didn't think I had it in me to be able to write anything remotely worth reading but this class gave me the right tools and support to do so.

I've been inspired by other people's writings a multitude of times in this class and I was always intrigued by all the different kinds of writing styles amongst my classmates. It has been fun to get to read other people's stories as well as meeting a lot of new people that I wouldn't have been able to meet before. By being in a class like this, you get to see a lot of creativity and diversity. 

This week, I was also able to look back at some of the work that I've done. I especially like my portfolio stories and am quite proud of them. I truly think I have grown as a writer and this class has made it possible to overcome a barrier that I had put up myself. I have also looked back at a lot of my famous last words blogs as well as my growth mindset and learning challenges blogs. I have made a lot of progress since my first blog and it's really cool to see just how broad of a scope was covered in this class. I learned about so many different writing styles of different cultures while also reconnecting with old stories that I had grown up hearing. 

Overall, this course and these blog assignments have left me with a bigger impact than I had expected in the beginning of the semester.  

Storytelling link

No comments:

Post a Comment