I normally enjoy fables because they portray really good life morals and are presented in a way that is easy to relate to and understand. I browsed through the Insects, Snakes, and Crab section and noticed the fable of the Ant and the Grasshopper and immediately recognized the story from the Disney movie "A Bug's Life" which I really enjoyed watching as a kid. I think it would be fun to read about these fables. Though they may be presented in a simple manner, you can learn so much from them and I think it really helps in developing a sense of character as a human being.
![]() |
| A Bug's Life Disney Original Movie Flickr |
Some other topics I found interesting include...
Beowulf : I remember watching "Beowulf" and also reading about it in high school for my senior English literature class. It's been a few years since then and I remember enjoying the story but not quite remembering all of its details. I'm interested in re-reading the battles that Beowulf had to overcome.
Italian Popular Tales : I went to Italy this past summer to study abroad so anything Italian catches my attention lately. I'm familiar with some of America's popular tales so I was curious as to see what Italian popular tales included and how they differed from American tales.
Europa's Fairy Book : I really enjoy classic stories so when I read in the overview that this unit would include some familiar tales such as "Beauty and the Beast" and "Cinderella", I knew I would be interested. I am curious to see what kinds of twists and turns will be made for these classic tales.

Hi Hae Young! Thank you for fixing up that setting on your blog. I can see your overview post now! I am a huge fan of the Aesop's fables; I hope you will have fun with that. And the Italian fairy tales are really beautiful; if you are interested in more Italian storytelling books, there are some more books you can explore listed here: Western Europe: Italy and Greece (Italy is down towards the bottom of the page; the Thomas Crane book is the one in the UnTextbook, but the other Italian books listed there are good ones too!)
ReplyDelete